Monday, March 17, 2008

Two Posts in One Night? Oh Yes, I Went There

It's Paddy's day and that means I'm down in the dumps. This holiday makes me miss Ireland like crazy. In the past few years, Paddy's Day has fallen on a weekend night so I've been far to drunk to realize how much it makes me miss my second favorite country in the whole world.

And so, in order to remember how much I love Eire, I've decided to make a list on all the things I miss/love about the little island floating in the big, blue, Atlantic. Woops, I forgot to mention frigid as well.

What I love about Ireland:

1. The chocolate. Nothing beats chocolate from across the pond. It's smoother, it's more creamy, and it's heaven.
2. The Coca-Cola. No joke, it tastes much better there than it does here.
3. Beautiful hills, lakes, cliffs, mountains, etc. Connemare is gorgeous.
4. The people.
5. The accents.
6. The music. So many talented musicians come from Ireland. So many undiscovered artists. You should research it.
7. Cork city centre
8. The beer. The cider.
9. The goat's cheese.
10. The little eco-friendly cars
11. Father Ted
12. Ray Darcy and Today FM
13. Tommy Tiernan
14. The cows in Darren's back yard.
15. Crumbled castles that you can explore.
16. History at your fingertips.
17. Laid back lifestyle.
18. Its easy accessibility to other parts of Europe.
19. Brown Bread
20. Darren

Of course, there's many things about Ireland that I dislike (as with any thing, correct?) and I could probably think of more things to add to the like list.

But, it's late and I really need sleep.

So I can go to work tomorrow and bring home some bacon.

Which brings me to my next topic....

I think I'm gonna give up red meat. Maybe even chicken and turkey as well...except sandwiches...mmmm. And I think I may be able to do without pork as well.

I had a veggie burger tonight and it was fab.

1 comment:

kontradiction said...

one night and you're a vegetarian???

hahahaha keep it up.

and money means nithing. you should know that by now! do i need to preach to you some mo????